Re: 4bbl m1 versus 2bbl m1 intake

From: Doug Myers (dougmyers@starpower.net)
Date: Fri Oct 12 2001 - 08:58:02 EDT

    From what I've heard, the 2bbl has better velocity in the runners, and
more low-end torque. It (the 2bbl) has a smaller plenum also, which is
supposed to be better for big TB's. I've never driven a truck with the 4bbl,
but the 2bbl I put on mine pull HARD... much better than the stocker.

Doug Myers
'99 Dakota RC/SB 5.9L/5-speed/3.92SG
K&N Gen II FIPK, Comp Cams '604 cam, Progear timing chain, MP 2-bbl MPI, MP
R/T heads, Hughes' roller rockers, MP polished aluminum valve covers, ASP
crank pulley, MP Headers, 3" Dynomax cat, 3" Flowmaster, Accel Supercoil,
Magnecor KV-85 8.5mm Race Wires, Melling HV oil pump, Centerforce Dual
Friction Clutch