Re: 99 Dak problems.

From: steve preston (steve239dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Oct 12 2001 - 20:20:54 EDT

Awww,I know.I just seemed to get all my problems at
once on that truck,and she had 25,000 miles on her
when traded.Some of the parts you mentioned as fixes
did not fix mine,but nothing was easy with mine.
--- Andy Levy <andylevy@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I also have a '99. 40K miles on it.
>
> steve preston wrote:
>
> > I feel bad for you guys that are having problems
> with
> > your Daks.99 seems like a bad year for some reason
> as
> > far as common problems go,even though those models
> get
> > the same problems as the 97 and 98 models.They
> just
> > all seem to come to a head with the 99s.I know
> mine
> > had every common problem available,plus the sag
> and
> > hesitation that never got
> > resolved.(Extremely,EXTREMELY aggravating).
>
> > Let`s see....it had the harsh reverse engagement,
>
> Common to most Dodge trucks. When parking, put
> truck in Neutral, set parking brake, let off brakes,
> put in park
>
> > warped rotors
>
> Not here
>
> > belly pan gasket failure
>
> Not here
>
> > ball joint replacement on passenger-side
>
> Guilty
>
> > fluctuating idle (3.9)
>
> Bum TPS. Haven't had it.
>
> > ping
>
> Bad intake design from the very beginning.
> Sandwiching one metal between 2 others that aren't
> the same to make a gasket? Just
> begging for a problem.
>
> > steering wheel pop
>
> Shaft replaced under warranty
>
> > and the rotors rusted or froze up after it
> > had sat in bad weather for a few hours,which about
> put
> > you through the windshield when you touched the
> brake
> > the first time.
>
> This isn't a Dakota-only problem; any "basic" metal
> rotor will form rust spots when sitting a while in
> damp conditions.
>
> Find any large group of people owning the same
> vehicle and you will find similar results. This
> isn't a Dodge-only problem -
> statistically, you are going to have a set of
> problems cropping up again and again given a sample
> population, regardless of make
> or model. People on the the list are more "into"
> their vehicles and more attuned to problems, and
> notice things that 99.9% of
> owners never do.
>
> --
> -andy
> andylevy@yahoo.com
> Maintainer, DML FAQ -
> http://www.dakota-truck.net/faq/
> http://home.twcny.rr.com/andylevy/dakota/
> '99 CC 4x4 318 auto

=====
2001 Dodge Dakota 4X4 Sport RC,Flame Red/4.7L V8/45RFE auto/3.92 limited-slip/16" aluminum wheels/Infinity CD-cassette system.