OBD codes and info

From: Geoffrey Hausheer (utm8cvsme4s2p0001@sneakemail.com)
Date: Sat Oct 13 2001 - 08:08:55 EDT

Sorry in advance for the long posting.
I just got my OBD2 sensor from Alex Peper
(www.obd-2.com), and it seems to work great, but I've got
afew questions:
1st off, I've got 3 codes (P0351, which is an ignition
coil problem; P0113 which is an intake-air temp thing,
and p1282, which is marked as 'Cylinder 8 Injector Ciruit
Low', though I can't find any other info on it, and am
not sure this is right). I have no idea when these
happened, but the MIL has been going on and off for about
a week. I know about
www.sky.net/~boballen/dakota/OBD2.html which is great for
getting more info on the codes, but I guess his manual
doesn't say anything about the P1282 code). Does anyone
have any suggestions as to what might have happened? (BTW
the IAT occured under coasting at 57mph at 2200RPM)

2nd, I guess the 1998 Dak doesn't support the O2 sensor
monitoring (I keep getting back 'Mode $05 isn't
supported'), though I can see the O2 voltages in the real-
time data window. From obd-2.com, it says that if the O2
Monitoring isn't supported, the data should be availiable
in the 'Test' section, but those are all manufacturer
specific, so I have no idea what I'm looking at (though
tests $11 and $15 are failing). Does anyone have a list
of what these things mean?

3rd (this is really unrelated, but I thought I'd mention
it): I get a weird loss of power occasionally. It feels
like either the fuel of ignition just shuts off. It only
happens when the truck is warm, and during passing
situations (a 2nd-3rd shift under hard acceleration,
planting my foot in 5th around 70MPH, it's really
unpredictable though it seems to happen most during long
3+ hr trips). I figured I'd log my next trip to Houston
with the OBDII and see if anything shows up, but it's
never triggered the the MIL. It's been happening since
before the blower. I think I had the TB and Cat-back
when I first noticed it tho. Anyone have any ideas at
all?

Some of this could be due to my reasonably modified truck
(M1 Manifold, Powerdyne blower, 24lb injectors, MSD
ignition & coil, Borla Cat-back, Stage 1 TB, 170deg stat), but I've
had all this stuff for over a year, and my MIL hadn't
started coming on until now.

Thanks,
.Geoff
1998 318 CC 4x4 standard