RE: RE: 00 dak 4.7 engine problem

From: Stlaurent Mr Steven (STLAURENTS@MCTSSA.USMC.MIL)
Date: Mon Oct 15 2001 - 16:07:30 EDT

I would say it was the catalytic converter but usually you should hear it
when idle. If it was internal in the engine, you should also hear it when
idling.

You did not change out the pipes for headers?

I would have the dealer take a look at the vehicle.

--------------------------------------
Steven St.Laurent
IOW/IOS Engineer (NT Platform)
C4i Engineering Branch, PSD, MCTSSA
MARCORSYSCOM, US Marine Corps
Office (760) 725-2506 (DSN Prefix: 365)
"My work has already proven itself. It is
you that has not gotten it yet....unknown author"

>"My work has already proven itself. It is
>you that has not gotten it yet....unknown author"

no noise @ idle, not even a tick. only happens when under somewhat
under a load, oil press is fine...other than the clacking the truck
drives great, acceleration very nice, shift points seem to be off a bit
, but i'll work on that after I find out what the clacking is.

thanks
msj