Re: RE: Now - Turbo Dakotas-Tom

From: Crit Bennett (crit_bennett@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Oct 16 2001 - 00:47:06 EDT

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 20:53:49 -0500
From: Tom Slick North <prodog@swbell.net>
Subject: DML: Re: RE: Now - Turbo Dakotas-Tom

<snip>

You might be able to use a twin turbo setup from an RX7 twin turbo....would
definitely work...I think they were 1.3L...

The twin Hitachi units on the 93+ RX-7s are a real pain in the ass, plus a
sequential twin setup wouldn't be the way to go. The compressors are too
small for a parallel twin V8. Also, the 1.3 is a little misleading. Rather
than displacing 1.3 liters for every two revs, like conventional
reciprocating engines do, the rotary displaces 1.3L per face and two faces
pass per rev. It's essentially a 5.2L engine but doesn't burn as
effectively. I'm a rotary nut and would gladly drop a Mazda 20B into the
Dak if I could, but it's not a fair analogy.

Now there's a swap I could live with...

Crit