rear end clunk

From: Alex Ross (Blackdak@mindspring.com)
Date: Tue Oct 16 2001 - 17:33:30 EDT

I have a heavy clunking sound coming from the rear of my truck (I think it
is the differential, 3.92 sure-grip). It happens after the truck is warmed
up (i.e., after freeway driving) and I am making a turn (left or right) from
a dead stop. It does it in forward and reverse. I have it at the dealer
right now. The guy says they were able to replicate it only once and they
are going to try it again in the morning. Anybody ever experience this
before? This is actually the second dealer I've had it at for this and I
want to try and point them in the right direction if I can. Thanks.

Alex
97 CC Sport V8 5spd