Re: 45RFE noise,is it normal?

From: Paul Bullerman (hemikota@home.com)
Date: Tue Oct 16 2001 - 22:14:39 EDT

Steve, you may want to check your power steering fluid. I know ferds make
all kinds of noise when low on PS fluid. AND my Dad's 2001 Dak was low from
the factory.
As for the "WHOOSH", its normal. Mine does the same thing. I think its
the intake manifold. I put on a Z tube and it was amplified. It does the
same on a 5spd 4.7.
Mine ( the whoosh) gets louder as its about to shift (45RFE). It sounds
like a turbo, I just wish it was!!
I really like this transmission. I had my doubts at first, but it was made
for the 4.7. 19K and no probs. in fact its running better than ever. I did
get the 60K warranty though. If somethings' wrong well, Ill break it before
then :0).