Re: RE: uh oh, is it tranny or clutch?

From: John (englehart@Sympatico.ca)
Date: Wed Oct 17 2001 - 17:43:36 EDT

I had a similar problem with my 96 318 5-speed. At the end it was making
alot of noisie and was hard to shift. I have 113000Km, about 70 000 miles
I think, and it was the front bearing in the tranny, $90 labour and $105
parts (Canadian$). I do not have the reinstallation finished yet but the
bearing was in pieces when the tranny was hauled apart. Everything else in
the tranny was good, we will see when I get the truck on the road again.

Shawn Englehart