Re: RE: Complaints about my posting..Reference "Dumb Ass vs Cops"

From: Ed Halterman (OLZNUT@webtv.net)
Date: Sun Oct 21 2001 - 13:56:09 EDT

<<** No Comment ** (You'd be surprised) ;)

- Bernd>>

I really hope you ain't referring to me Bernd 'ol buddy, 'ol pal 'o mine
:)
   Now, I'm sure everyone here has done their share of stupid things on
the road, they just never got caught, and nobody got hurt, which is
cool. Back when I was doing street racing, cell phones didn't exist, but
today, everyone has one, and is just looking for a reason to use it. One
of my partners got a complaint phone call from an idiot who was upset
because he wasn't using his turn signal to change lanes. Not cutting
people off, just "concerned" as that person put it. How pathetic is
that?? I got a complaint when some stupid bitch came out of a side
street without looking, swings a right turn in front of me (I had about
30'), then hits her brakes, making me swerve to the left lane (thank god
nobody was there, a car just passed me) and has the balls to call my
boss telling him that I was doing 80 on the city street in my 11000lb
truck (was doing 40, just came from a red light) and was screaming how
she was going to have me arrested for endangering her kids and herself
(I didn't see kids in the car). And I didn't even look at her, she never
pulled along side of me, so I never even noticed her after I swerved,
until I heard about the call. Thankfully, my boss saw through the smoke
and told her to go pound sand which she didn't like. My point of this
story is that out here, most of these people with cell phones at the
ready don't deserve them, and are just looking for trouble, not to
mention getting into it themselves while driving with it plugged into
their ear, which is a whole 'nuther chapter with me being on the road
all the time and seeing this crap. Sorry for the vent, just this is a
touchy subject for me. "Look at me, I got a cell phone and gonna flex my
power as a citizen" As you run into the stopped 18 wheeler in front of
you and claim to the cop he wasn't there a second ago. Please.

Ed "Olznut" Halterman Sunland, Ca
'01 Dak Quad Cab 4x4 SLT+ 4.7L V-8, Auto, Bright Silver Aka the "Silver
Streak"!!!
'66 Olds F-85, 5.4L V-8, HAS 410hp at the crank, Will be Intense Blue
next month!!

See the Silver Streak and Project Olds here!!
www.dodgetruckonline.com/ed.htm