NV-3500 hard shifting

From: Doug Myers (dougmyers@starpower.net)
Date: Sun Oct 21 2001 - 18:40:18 EDT

Hi,

    I switched over to Redline MTL in my NV-3500 about 1500 miles ago, and
now I'm experiencing hard shifting while stopped. It just doesn't want to
shift into first gear at a stop light, for example. If I try to shift into
another gear, like 3rd or 5th, and then into 1st it will usually go. Is the
MTL causing this or do I have another problem? Should I switch back to the
Mopar fluid?

Doug Myers
'99 Dakota RC/SB 5.9L/5-speed/3.92SG
K&N Gen II FIPK, Comp Cams '604 cam, Progear timing chain, MP 2-bbl MPI, MP
R/T heads, Hughes' roller rockers, MP polished aluminum valve covers, ASP
crank pulley, MP Headers, 3" Dynomax cat, 3" Flowmaster, Accel Supercoil,
Magnecor KV-85 8.5mm Race Wires, Melling HV oil pump, Centerforce Dual
Friction Clutch