Re: Re: Re: Spank...Quad Cab R/T vs Lightning...A.K.A. "Dumb Ass vs Cops"

From: David Zavetsky (zavetsky@home.com)
Date: Sun Oct 21 2001 - 21:15:54 EDT

I guess it depends whose shoes you are in, as far as how street racing is
looked at.....

Scenario # :

1) You're a regular street racer..........as long as its a legit race,
you're ok with it...........just can't get caught.....no accidents and
proud of it.,..only a tag or two...........

2) Your're a wanna be racer and speed EVERYWHERE....you get mad when
someone in a faster vehicle beats you to the next stop
light..........multiple tickets and your insurance is sky high......

3) You're a weekend speed-demon who just speeds now and then in the
"safety" of the interstate........maybe a ticket or two..........

4) You're a cop -- in which case all of the above is illegal

5) You're a person with a car full of kids when some ass speeds by doing
some insane speed...........you curse this guy and pray that you and your
family aint around when he rolls it or slams someone..........

6) Or maybe a mixture of all the above (except the cop)...............

I dunno....there was a time where street racing was ok, on the right street
at the right time of day.............MUCH fewer cars on the roads and less
developments to deal with.......

Nowadays, the streets are packed with everyone from 16 year old kids who
dont KNOW that they can kill someone with their car, to 90 year olds who
have no business behind the wheel...........

Racing belongs on the racetrack or closed courses, where the vehicles and
the roadways are set up for high speed.........

Remember: everyone figures themself a "safe" street racer until they kill
someone or themselves or, at the very least, trash their
vehicle...........and in the end, there are no differences in the eyes of
the law between "street racers" and those who just drive
recklessly......and if you are regularly exceeding the speed limits by
30mph, you're driving recklessly.........

..............ah..........just my two cents..............not trying to get
philosophical here............just stay safe, everyone.............