ATTN Bernd: MAP Charger/Bypass

From: Geoffrey Hausheer (utm8cvsme4s2p0001@sneakemail.com)
Date: Tue Oct 23 2001 - 13:40:37 EDT

I have a question about how the MAP Charger/MAP Boost
Bypass work. According to everything I've seen in my
truck using the OBDII reader, 0"Hg is absolute vacuum,
and 29.2inHg is about atmospheric pressure (at 0ft above
sea level). So at idle, i see about 11inHg (OBDII
reader) which corresponds (as per my boost gauge) to
about 20"Hg vacuum. When I go to 20% throttle, this goes
to about 20"-Hg (via the OBDII reader) which is about 10"
of vacuum (as per the boost gauge). SO at 31"-HG (which
the sensor maxes out at), I'm at about atmospheric, which
is right where I should be. Now at 6-lbs boost, I should
really see about 42"-Hg on the computer, which I don't,
but it seems tlike it is doing the right thing already.

So what does the MAP charger/ MAP Boost bypass do? If it
sets the pressure to 0" (as per the web page at
speedtweaks), then you effectively just closed the
throttle, (though the tps will still indicate wide open),
which should royally confuse the computer. Am I missing
something?

Thanks,
.Geoff

Protect yourself from spam, use http://sneakemail.com