RE: Re: ATTN Bernd: MAP Charger/Bypass

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Wed Oct 24 2001 - 11:28:23 EDT

Oops...my bad. Was thinking regular Diode...haven't finished my coffee
yet. ;)

Minor flaw on that is that the MAP voltage is always going to be
different (higher or lower) at different altitudes. While one
application might work fine, there is the possibility of the other not
being high enough. You also want to keep the output voltage as close to
the actual Key ON/Engine OFF as possible. This is, again, the reason
for adjustability. A simple Zener Diode won't work properly unless you
can adjust...and by this I mean within 2/10th's (Volts) of the Key
ON/Engine OFF voltage.

Keep in mind that there are many different ways to do this. We just
picked a way to allow the "end-user" to be able to adjust to their
specific application.

- Bernd