RE: RE: Re: ATTN Bernd: MAP Charger/Bypass

From: Geoffrey Hausheer (utm8cvsme4s2p0001@sneakemail.com)
Date: Wed Oct 24 2001 - 14:52:07 EDT

Okay,
        Now at least we're on the same page, and I understand what you are
doing. I guess my last question is: Does the voltage really need to be the
same as at WOT? Isn't cutting it off at 29"-Hg good enough? If the engine
is at high altitude, this will effectively make the computer think it is at
a lower altitude, which has denser air, which should give you a richer
mixture. The only way I can see that this wouldn't work would be if there
is an atmospheric pressure sensor (so that the computer knows what the
actual atmosphere is), but I don't see why they'd do that. Anyhow, this
isn't all that important, it sounds like you have a good setup.

Thanks for the info!
.Geoff