Pistons and compression ratio

From: Geoff (geoff_fahl_1@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Oct 25 2001 - 23:42:47 EDT

Hey
    I'm building my 318 and the shop is almost done but they found out that
my new Keith Black pistons will change my compression ratio. The stock ratio
is 9.0:1 and with these pistons it will be 9.5:1. Will this affect the
streetability of my truck? I'm planning on running a mopar performance
computer so I'll have to run high octane anyways, but I'm not sure if the
computer can compensate for that difference in compression. Will I get
pinging / detonation if I change that? I'm also looking for a wiring
harness, and computer (preferably mopar performance) for the 95 Dakota 5.2L
if anybody knows where I can get one?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Geoff