Re: Oil pressure problems

From: Duncan McLeod (duncan.mcleod@home.com)
Date: Fri Oct 26 2001 - 10:49:32 EDT

I just had something similar with my 99 5.2 4x2 where when I was going down
a hill and had to come to a stop my oil pressure would drop to zero, but
then go right back up again. It got worse so that if I just came to a
rather fast stop, not slamming the brakes or anything, but just coming to a
quick stop that it would do the same thing. I took it into the dealer and
they said it was leaking oil through the intake manifold, and it had to be
replaced. I'd definately take i to your dealer if you're not sure about it.