Re: Tires again!!! + more

From: ArcticRoze@aol.com
Date: Fri Oct 26 2001 - 12:37:41 EDT

I will agree with Jay. When I went from P255/65R15 tires to 30x9.5R15 (LT),
I noticed my V6 did loose some umph off the line. Guess I need to do more
performance mods. The truck now has a bit more of an aggressive look with
the slightly bigger tires, which I like.

I am very confused by the change with the speedometer readings. I thought I
read an article in one of the truck magazines recently which said bigger
tires made you faster than the speedometer reading. So if I was reading 70 I
am actually traveling at 75, or something like that. Could someone help
straighten that out for me?

Also when I slow down (light breaking) to stop at a light sometimes me
steering wheel shakes a little. Is this unbalanced tires or just the
aggressive tread? Doesn't happen at higher speeds or when I brake harder.

Julie
00' SLT+ QC V6 3.9 4x2 Driftwood
Gibson Exhaust, Quick D Intake & Throttle Body
http://hometown.aol.com/arcticroze/myhomepage/auto.html

In a message dated 10/25/01 9:54:32 PM Pacific Daylight Time,