Re: Re: Transmission fluid change

From: Chuong Nguyen (dester223@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Oct 28 2001 - 01:17:27 EST

Where exactly did they try to do your transmission flush at? I do my
"transfusion" which is a complete flush thru of the fluids on my 97 dakota
v6 automatic right at the radiator. I use the lower tranny line because it
uses a different fitting and is more common than the upper hose which has a
weird fitting that i've yet to find.

I have no clue as to what line they're trying to disconnect on you
transmission.... but if i were you, I'd go make sure. I thought all the
tranny lines were screw/double flare nut type fittings. Has to do with the
pressure those lines receive and plastic clips not holding. I bet they were
trying to disconnect the wrong line :(
-Chuong

>Went to a Texaco Express Lube to have fluids done. Everything went well
>until they tried to do the tranny fluid. For some reason they could not
get
>the lines disconnected to hook up the machine. They spent about 30-40
>minutes trying and the lines just would not release. They admittedlly
quit