Re: SHELBY DAKOTA???

From: TonyC (acellan1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sun Oct 28 2001 - 09:26:36 EST

Just offering my 2 cents worth of advice. As with anything COLLECTIBLE,
there may be quite a bit of difference in value once it starts deviating
from original factort as built specs. I saw one recently (advertised on
EBay), that happened to be local. Nice truck, BUT it had the wrong bumper,
wrong rims, NOS, a 360, headers.... It was a BEAUTIFUL truck, nicely
maintained, but as for collectible value certainly not worth the 10K asking
price. I would have offered 7K no problem due to low mileage, and the "Toy
factor", but I already have several of toys, and was looking at the
potential as a collectible.

TonyC
Currently:
2K Dak R/T R/C IB
98 Dak Sport R/C Blk 5.2 5spd 3.92 (awaiting parts to complete a 408)
98 Avenger 2.5 6cyl Auto Persimmon
67 Satellite Conv 383 4bbl 4spd 3.23
67 Baracuda Notchback 273 Auto Gold