Re: Re: Bug shield removal???

From: Geoff (geoff_fahl_1@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Oct 28 2001 - 17:38:12 EST

Pull out your heat gun, and evenly heat one section of the shield at a time.
This will soften the adhesive and make it easier to pry off. This will
eliminate the adhesive from ruining your paint but then you have to watch
the screwdriver (hint hint: duct tape on the screwdriver tip)

If your bug deflector had rubber bumpers behind it I could use two of 'em
since mine fell off. My parts guy wanted $5.00 apiece for them, although
they should come with a new one.

Hope this helps,
Geoff