Re: A EUREKA Day at the Track !!!

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Mon Oct 29 2001 - 16:54:44 EST

At 05:22 PM 10/29/01 +0000, you wrote:
> Woohoo! Congrats, Bob! :-) I've been watching you sneak up on my
>p/b for a while now, but then ya just went and blasted right by it! :-)
>(Was it something I said?) ;-) Should be interesting to see what you
>run at Cecil! Wish I could be there! -Jon-

Actually, I DO remember you saying to me on Sept. 15 at Cayuga
to just skip the 14.6s and go right for the 14.5s. I thought that
was a pretty good idea :-P

After I picked up the first run's timeslip, I had a hard time reading it
as I drove around for the second run. They must be still using the
same printer ribbon from the start of the season:-) I saw the 14 and
the 9 but could not make out the digit in between. I had to take my
glasses off to make out the 4 ... not a SAFE thing to do when driving:-)
Just an UNBELIEVABLE day!

When I got back to the pit area after the second run, I said to David
that maybe I should just call it a day while I was ahead. I'm glad
that I didn't!

I'm looking forward to Cecil but not that long, long, long drive. Will
let you know how I do.

Bob