vacum

From: Aaron Gasparich (acg302@ptd.net)
Date: Wed Oct 31 2001 - 14:08:54 EST

I think i may be running the hughes 1828 cam in my 318, i'm just trying to
decide if its a little to wild for the map sensor. the specs are as follows

Valve Lift 1.6 Duration at .050" Advertised Duration
Lobe Separation Angle
 INT. .544" 218° 270°
EXH. .544" 228° 280°
114°

from what i understand if i have a seperation angle of more than 112 my
vacum would be ok to read from the port on the TB. But if its not i can
always move it to read off the manifold, i'm not quite sure. Has anybody
used this cam in a MPI 318. Does it even run with the feul injection? I"m
getting my heads prted and polished as well and the M-1 intake so that it
flows enough. I'm looking to get rid of all truck propeties with this engine
cause all i'm gonna be haulin is ass. I'm just lookin for some advice
before i go ahead and order my stuff from hughes next week.
-Aaron G