Re: FOG lights on an SLT no longer working, but my fiance says they *

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Nov 01 2001 - 09:51:58 EST

Rick,
    It's taken *this* long for the light switch on your '99 to break? I'm
shocked, mine was gone in 9 months. The original design was very weak, very
thin strips of metal for the fog contact. Your dealer will have or can order a
revised part (I posted the p/n in January of 2000 IIRC, so check the archives if
I don't re-post with it first) for about $50, or if you're still in warranty,
they'll replace it for you. Mine (the new one) has been going for 22 months
without a hitch.