Re: Rear End Hopping

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Fri Nov 02 2001 - 11:06:12 EST

At 05:43 AM 11/2/01 -0800, you wrote:
>I think it's the shocks, but they are only a few months old, Pro Comp
>9000's. Any ideas on what else would cause this?? When I take off hard,
>as in floored, or take off in the dirt, I can clearly feel and hear the
>rear end hopping. Help!! Ed "Olznut" Halterman Sunland, Ca

Sounds like spring wrap cause from all that torque that you've got.
Very common when doing a burnout at the water pit on the track.
Putting 2 spring clamps (Mr. Gasket, Mopar Performance or homemade)
on the front half of each rear spring will help tremendously in eliminating
the rear end from hopping.

Jon Smith, the rebel rouser, had some homemade ones that are
very effective for me.

Bob