Blower Motor Resistor Melted!

From: SilverEightynine@aol.com
Date: Fri Nov 02 2001 - 16:14:42 EST

Hey everyone - my friend has a 1990 Dakota, V6, TBI, AC, Auto 4x2... This
summer when he turned on the AC, said the blower motor resistor block melted
and melted the connector, and other wires that were next to it. he replaced
the resistor and reconnected the wires... but hes afraid to turn the heat on
or the AC (to test things) .. he says the resistor still gets hot. Any ideas
on what this is? I HATE electrical gremlins.... I checked ye Ole FSM and
didn't find anything.

If you are replying - can you send to me directly as well? I'm on digest and
I don't always get a chance to read the email.

Tom
Silver89
http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine