Re: Blower Motor Resistor Melted!

From: Hemipower@aol.com
Date: Fri Nov 02 2001 - 16:36:58 EST

In a message dated 11/2/01 4:17:30 PM Eastern Standard Time,
SilverEightynine@aol.com writes:

> Hey everyone - my friend has a 1990 Dakota, V6, TBI, AC, Auto 4x2... This
> summer when he turned on the AC, said the blower motor resistor block
> melted
> and melted the connector, and other wires that were next to it. he
> replaced
> the resistor and reconnected the wires... but hes afraid to turn the heat
> on
> or the AC (to test things) .. he says the resistor still gets hot. Any
> ideas
> on what this is? I HATE electrical gremlins.... I checked ye Ole FSM and
> didn't find anything.

Some times the blower motor bearings dry out and begin to seize. This
can create resistance that can affect the resistor block.
The resistor block will normally become hot, they can also burn up.
Tell him to close his eyes and flip the switch. : )