Re: APC IndiGlo Gauges

From: Jayson Woodruff (woodrufj@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Nov 03 2001 - 14:14:23 EST

hehe, then they're not really "know locations" are they. What do you mean by 3
set locations? Is that three different needles?

Anyways, just thinking off the top of my head this is what i'd do

1.) gas needle - the first time the truck goes "ding" and the gas light pops on
you know your at 1/8th tank.

2.) Measure the voltage of the electric system with a multi-meter and set the volt
needle. I guess it would be best to measure the voltage near where the volt
sensor is, but I don't know where.

3.) Speedo - have a friend go out and set his car for cruise control at 50, 60, 70
what ever. Have him honk or flash his lights when he's at that speed. Then get
your cruise control to match and set it. Since your there you might want to check
that it's accuret at other speeds.

4.) Tach - calculate a steady state value from you speedo and set it. A 4.7L
4speed tranny with 3.55gears and 255/65/15:" tires at 60mph turns 2000rpms.

5.) temp.. hmm only thing I can think of is run it up to operating temp and assume
this is the same as it was before.

6.) Oil pressure.. I think your stuck here. All I can think of is check out
another truck while it's reving at a certian speed (over 1000rpms), copy it's oil
pressure location, and hope yours is the same.