Re: 42RE trans. problems. and where to get another

From: Chuong Nguyen (dester223@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Nov 04 2001 - 02:10:35 EST

I'm having the same prob on my 97 dakota 42 re (115k miles)

Anyways. I've been looking around also.
www.car-part.com

and a couple trannys have come up for about 750-800 used. My friend works
at one of the junk yards is and giving me a substantial discount when the
next good one comes in. but just call around and ask...

Also have a friend's dad that owns a tranny shop and for a complete rebuild
(all fibers and the metals bands ... etc) he only wants 900 and that's with
a new torque converter.

I'm goign to probably go an even cheaper route and do the rebuild myself.
-Chuong

PS. I'm still looking for a rebuild kit :)