Re: DML Digest V4 #4262

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Sun Nov 04 2001 - 08:48:44 EST

<snip> I'm thinking of taking the underhood liner off.I've seen some Daks
with them
 off(Michigan Meet)and it looks cool.Besides,i'd like to paint the
underhood.
 What's everyone's feelings on this subject?

 David A. Digney (00' Dakota Quad Cab 3.9 R/T)<snip>

Hey, David!
Take it off? I just put one on! It 's a whole heck of a lot easier to clean
than all the welds, holes &
stiffeners that DC put under the hood! Especially with the SY. color, which
looks like CRAP before each meet.
I bought the $50 R/T liner from the dealer, painted the Ram's head logo SY,
& painted the rest of it flat black with Hi-Temp paint. Then I polyurethaned
the whole thing. Dirt just wipes of with a damp sponge or rag now...
Here's a pic:
http://home.nycap.rr.com/daksy/184c8f00.jpg
P.s. I replaced the worthless under the hood light with the Lighted Ram's
head that JC Whitney sells. It's worthless, as well, but my daughters think
it's pretty neat!

Just my 02K,

Bob Smith (Daksy2K on AIM)
DML/DML
2K DAKSY CC Sport +
3.9l; V6: 4X4
(1 of 980 2K DAKSYs mfrd)
For the mods,details, etc., visit us at:

http://home.nycap.rr.com/daksy/

(ps, we're still working on it...
Susan on the page; me on the DAKSY! )