Re: Re: Hood Liners...On or Off???

From: Richard A Pyburn (rap777@juno.com)
Date: Sun Nov 04 2001 - 13:39:13 EST

Fire retardant? Don't believe it. Been there, saw that. I think this is
an urban myth. The only thing I know it is designed to do is reduce the
sound of the engine emanating from under the hood. Probably is somewhat
beneficial for the paint, but the paint on unlined hoods seems to survive
just fine.

Richard in San Antonio
On Sat, 3 Nov 2001 16:01:16 -0800 "kwreimer" <kwreimer@msn.com> writes:
> The under hood liner is a fire retardent. Personally i like it on, if
> you
> ever have a engine fire and dont have it on, your hood and paint
> will
> bubble, kiss it goodbye. but hey thats what Insurance is for
> correct?

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.