Re: Re: Hood Liners...On or Off???

From: Gus (crtech@hot.rr.com)
Date: Sun Nov 04 2001 - 23:18:04 EST

Well lets see. On my 88 LTD the alternator caught on fire. (defect on that
model.) The hood liner did not catch on fire and it had plenty of time to.
On a friend of mine's caprice his alternator caught on fire (we are hell on
alternators) and the hood liner did not catch on fine. I was also driving
one day and saw this old man stopped in traffic with smoke rolling out from
under the hood of his I think Benz. When we popped the hood he had a very
good fire rolling. Had him kill his engine and a road worker in a truck in
front of him grabbed his water jug and doused the flames. Helped him push
it home and found that the rubber fuel line had rubbed through and started
spraying fuel in the engine bay. And again the hood liner did not catch on
fire. They must be a little fire retardant otherwise one of these three
fires would have done some damage to them.