To flash or not to flash?

From: Panoli, Robert (panolro@mail.northgrum.com)
Date: Tue Nov 06 2001 - 06:24:15 EST

My truck is coming up to the end of its warranty period very soon and I'm
trying to decide whether to get the PCM flashed to hopefully get rid of my
pinging (I have already tried all the basic stuff, 180 stat, plugs, etc). My
questions are for those that have had it done already. 1)Did it fix the
problem? 2)Did you lose any power (if so to what extent)? 3)Did you regret
doing it (I know once its done there's no going back). Thanks

Bob
99 5.2L