Re: P-Break Gave Up...Man Trans??

From: Magnum S/T (kevinhoegen@email.com)
Date: Tue Nov 06 2001 - 07:23:31 EST

I never knew about reducing stress on the trans like that. Does this apply
to Manual Transmissions as well?

I very often leave my vehicle in gear when I park it to keep it from rolling
in the event that the e-brake ever were to fail. I sometimes even hold the
service brake pedal down and release the clutch in 1st gear.....essentially
stalling it in gear whenever I do work on the truck (and I don't want the
truck to roll over me).

Up to this point I always assumed this stress was minimal.....now I wonder??