Re: Parking Break Gave Up...

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Nov 06 2001 - 00:22:00 EST

Using the parking brake definitely reduces stress on the auto tranny, if you
use it right. When you are ready to park, stop with the service brakes and
hold them, shift to nuetral and set the parking brake, release the service
brakes and let the vehicle settle/roll until the parking brake holds it,
then shift to park and there'll be no pressure on the tranny. I've always
done it whenever I drive an automatic equipped truck just out of courtesy.
HTH,

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/NV-3500HD5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html