Re: Re: Re: My electric fan, was: gas mileage/ 1998 Dakota 5.2 L

From: Gus (crtech@hot.rr.com)
Date: Wed Nov 07 2001 - 15:49:56 EST

I do know that you can get several different types of fans that allow for a
different flow of air. If you truck over heats with the electric fan you
have simply find one that flows a higher amount of air. Also look at other
things like bigger radiators, fan shrouds, 2 fans in place of 1 or one push
and one pull fan. Try getting a separate trans cooler. This will help by
keeping the heat from the transmission from heating up the rad coolant as
much. These are things that friends and I have tried on older hot rods with
great success.