Powerdyne Intercooler/Heat Exchanger

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Wed Nov 07 2001 - 18:04:12 EST

Well, after two days of messing around with copper tubing, various
fittings, and relocating the battery (with no more Battery Temp Sensor
required), we've built a "Cool Tube" for the Powerdyne on my truck.
(We're shooting for a 20-30 degree F reduction on the air temp.)

This includes a custom built heat exchanger in the blower tube, air to
air line cooler, a small pump, and a reservoir for the 50/50 mix of
Water and DEI Radiator Relief. How does it work? I'll let you know
tomorrow after I relax for a bit. Performance wise, the truck performs
just the same with the in-tube cooler as without (no restriction...same
amount of boost...and no degradation in performance what-so-ever).

Once I've completed the testing I'll fill you all in on the details.

- Bernd