Re: Shelby Dakota

From: Glen Thorton (hemi@charter.net)
Date: Thu Nov 08 2001 - 09:39:25 EST

DW -

I found the truck on eBay. They had a starting bid of $3000,
so I assume they would have sold it at that price or in that
range.The truck looks to be in good shape, although like
many of these trucks that have not been constantly garaged,
it looks like the clear-coat is fading slightly.They tell me
that the paint on the light bar is faded and the rear bumper
has a small tweak to it, but otherwise, maybe just the
mirrors are faded along with the flat-back frontend.The
truck has about 99,800 miles according to them.I am actually
going to trade my 74 Charger SE for the truck as an even
swap.Ultimately, my car would be worth much more, but I do
not have the time to complete it and have always wanted a
Shelby Dakota.I should be getting the truck on Saturday,
barring any unforseen problems that come up.

Here's a link to the eBay auction that they had it on.They
have since ended the auction as they are going to trade the
truck with me.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=597627937&r=0&t=0&showTutorial=0&ed=1005154028&indexURL=0&rd=1

Jack 3

On Thu, 08 Nov 2001 01:26:51 -0500
 dwmagnum <dwmagnum@interlynx.net> wrote:
> Jack, I'm on the verge of getting 583 (white) and would
> like to compare
> mileage and price. You can Email me privately if you
> choose. THANKS DW
> 94 RC, V8
>
> hemi@charter.net wrote:
> >
> > I might be taking home Shelby Dakota #899 this weekend.
> > know some of you have them, so any insight on specific
> areas
> > to double check would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Jack 3
> >
> > NO, I am not getting rid of the R/T! I have just always
> > wanted a Shelby Dakota and I have the opportunity to
> trade
> > for one in good shape.I want to eventuallyhave a nice
> Shelby
> > Dakota, a Convertible Dakota, *and* my R/T.

> > W Jack Hilton III
> > Dakota R/T Club Division 2 Rep.
> > www.DakotaRT.com
> > www.CyberMopar.com
> > www.Hella.com

<TEXTAREA NAME="Signature" ROWS="4" COLS="60"><TEXTAREA