Re: Powerdyne Intercooler/Heat Exchanger

From: Shane Moseley (smoseley@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Fri Nov 09 2001 - 15:29:52 EST

"Bernd D. Ratsch" wrote:

> (1) To chill the air, the compressor has to be on. (See #2)

I can chill the air before I get to the track. I can then use the chilled air -
with or without the compressor on.

> (2) You are not allowed to run the A/C in the staging lanes (Not NHRA
> rules...this is Track rules)

So if I'm not leaking any fluids and the compressor is not cycling on and off -
then how would they even know that you were running the A/C??

> (3) The HP loss from A/C is about 15-30HP on the average...more on the
> smaller engines obviously.

See reply to (1)

> (4) The Ford Lightning Intercooler sits under the blower...no A/C system
> tied into it

True - it basically sits inside the "V" that the engine makes. A pretty bad
design from what I hear - especially considering there is a recall on
intercoolers that leak like a sieve. Guess where all that coolant goes when it
leaks?

It is a liquid to air intercooler tho. That liquid can be water, water+alcohol,
water+coolant, or even refrigerant right?

The end result is the same - cooler (and thus denser) air entering the engine.

Latr,

Shane

--
'96 IndyRam-HisIndy-MPI TB Pulleys RTcam MPComp HVoilpump DynaGearDoubleRoller
WindageTray CompTAs