Stick for 96

From: Car37 (englehart@Sympatico.ca)
Date: Fri Nov 09 2001 - 15:28:29 EST

I was wondering if anyone would have the 5speed shift stick for a 96
4X4, 308 with the NV3500 transmission. I had added abit to mine and the
machine shop has totally messed it up. I installed a 2in body lift over
the summer and the shifters sank into the floor. I had the transfer
case lever lengthened and it is perfect. The transmission shifter was
totally botched. They straightened it, and turned it, so now I cannot
get into first gear (CB where the ashtray was), 2nd is centered, 3rd
hits the dash 5th is way out there along with the same orbit of
reverse. They are going to have another go at it on Monday but I am
losing faith. The shifter was fine with the body lift, it just
compressed the boot to much in 4th and would pop out when the clutch was
depressed, I could live with where it was. What I should have done was
replace the boot with a leather one instead of messing with the lever.
Thanks

--
Shawn Englehart
www.geocities.com/englehrt