Re: Tire selection advice

From: Aaron Gasparich (acg302@ptd.net)
Date: Sun Nov 11 2001 - 19:25:26 EST

I work at sears auto center and hear a lot of good things about the bfg
tires, thats what i would suggest you go with, any of the t/a 's, I'm runnin
the 235/60/15's on my truck and love em. as for futuras, you might as well
glue together pencil erasers, theyd probably perform better,
-Aaron G
""Sam South"" <sawcut64@mediaone.net> wrote in message
> Ok everyone I need some advice on tire selection. I've been running Futura
> Super Sport(Pep Boys) 295/50/15's on the rear and they SUCK for straight
> line traction. I have a 5-speed with a 3.90 gear and a built 360, so I
know
> anything short of a drag tire is going to give me less then ideal
traction.
> What I want is a street tire that gives good straight line traction and
> still handles decent in a 15" rim size, so I guess that leaves out Drag
> Radials or similar tires. I was thinking of trying BFG Euro T/A's
> 305/50/15's in the rear and BFG Radial T/A's 255/60/15 in the front.
Anyone