Re: Re: Re: Re: Tire selection advice

From: Packed318@aol.com
Date: Sun Nov 11 2001 - 22:58:43 EST

In a message dated 11/11/2001 9:50:58 PM Central Standard Time,
jim76712@swbell.net writes:

> I got in late here. I do need to find better tires than the badyears that
> come
> on the R/Ts. those things don't last 20k even if you are not rough on them
> and
> they don't have very good wet handling either. I don't want to change the
> ride
> height much unless going slightly lower.
> Jim in Waco. 99 R/T RC

I have a set of Nitto 450's, they are 275 50 17 mounted on RT rims. They are
slightly wider than the stock Goodyears and almost exactly the same height.
I only have about 10,000 miles and there is no noticable wear. They handle
very well and are the best tires I have ever had in the rain. I have trouble
hooking with Drag Radials, so I don't have much to say, but they are slightly
worse in that department than the 275 60 15 BFG's I took off.

Wayne