Re: SS Equip Grills

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Nov 12 2001 - 00:15:28 EST

Philip, when you install the speed grille inserts, you can either take the
black mesh out or leave it in. As some of you know, I have some cooling
issues with my 4.7L, so I ended up removing the stock mesh to help aid in
cooling. But, to affix the grille sections to the stock grill frame, SS
supplies lots of little black clips that look very similar to speed nuts,
but without the hole. Basically a tightly folded black piece of steel that
has enough tension on it to hold. What you will do is hold the sections in
place while you place these clips over the edges of the Speed Grille
sections and the edges of the stock plastic grill frame. Think of placing
the sections in place and clamping them in place with vice grips or a clamp,
that is essentially what you are doing, only you will use the supplied
clips. You will also have to modify your secondary hood latch. Instead of
being operated by the slide that you are currently using(because it is
obviously located in an area that will be blocked by the inserts), you will
have to remove the hood latch from the hood and drill it to accept a cable
that you will then route down to where it will hang just below the grill.
This cable will be accessible once you pull the inside/primary hood latch
and you can then pull down on the handle on the cable, thereby releasing
your secondary hood latch. The cable is supplied with the kit and is very
easy to install. It also makes for a very clean installation. I really hope
this helps and I haven't been too unclear or confusing for you. Anymore
??'s- please post them or mail me direct and I'll be more than happy to do
what I can for you. Good luck!

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/NV-3500HD5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html