Re: Havoline vs Mobil 1

From: AWyseGuy@aol.com
Date: Mon Nov 12 2001 - 09:56:05 EST

In a message dated 11/11/2001 5:27:21 PM Central Standard Time,
jim76712@swbell.net writes:

> Doubtful!
>
> jay & dana wrote:
>
> > I was going through the Dodgedakotas.com site today and someone reported
> > that they switched from Mobil 1 to Havoline synthetic and picked up 2
> mpg's
> > on the highway and 1 mpg around town.
> > Could this be true?

The only way I think they could have made that kind of improvement in mileage
changing from the Mobil 1 would be if they were running 15w-50 mobil and went
to 5w-30 havoline.. and it wouldn't be the brand that helped thier mileage..
just the weight.
I switched to Mobil1 Synthetic about 7-8 years ago.. and love it.
Aaron W in AL

94 RC WS 2.5L 5spd
95 RC Sport 2.5L 5 Spd
86 Shelby Charger Turbo