Re: Was R/T SHOOTOUT MAGAZINE Now Cecil County on the 17th

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Mon Nov 12 2001 - 10:21:25 EST

At 10:41 PM 11/11/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Hey doesn't that exchange rate mean that you have to spot us
>something when we race?

After that exchange rate, I don't have any more $$$ to spot anyone
anything :-)

>I am really looking forward to Saturday and meeting someone else
>willing to travel hundreds of miles for time trails.

I didn't put it down because everyone would think that I was nuts
but the trip (1-way) is just a little over 500 miles :-)

>I pretty sure this means a northern road trip for some of us in the spring.
>BTW, how far are you from Maine. I used to live there and I raced at
>Winterport, Oxford and Epping, NH. I usually make a few road trips
>up there in the summer.

My mistake when I referenced the Baltimore Stallions and left the wrong
impression. The Stallions were in the Canadian Professional Football
League in the 90s, along with 5 other U.S.-based teams. When this
experiment failed and the NFL allowed the Browns to move to Baltimore,
(all 5 other teams folded) but the Baltimore owner moved the team to
Montreal, Quebec and took on the original name, Montreal Alouettes.

Maine is probably farther from me than Rising Sun, MD. I'm about
a 45-min. drive northwest of Niagara Falls, Ont. (my hometown).

BTW, if you want to race, the Cecil schedule does show a Gambler Race
(might be a rain date for the one cancelled last April) for the 17th as well
as t&t. It's an all-in-one bracket race (no class or electronics distinctions)
with winner takes all. Past winners of the Gambler races run about 8 to 10
sec. race. Shane thinks that it's an option offered to t&ters for $20US extra.

See you on Sat.

Bob Tom Burlington, Ont., Canada
'97 Dakota Sport, 4x2, CC, Flame red, 5.2L, auto., 3.92SG