A Dumb Radiator Question, But I Gotta Ask

From: Paul Macey (pmacey@ans.net)
Date: Wed Nov 14 2001 - 09:14:58 EST

I have a 2001 4.7 DAK QC, Sport+ (no H/D option)

Having a constant 1281 Engine Coolant Too Cold MIL, wanted to try putting
some cardboard between the radiator and the grill to see if this would
help. (I have a RS 180 T-Stat, truck does take a bit to warm up (but it
has been in the 20s during the morning hours), but then gets up to normal
engine temp and runs fine))

I have two radiators or one radiator and perhaps a cooler device for
either the oil or tranny.

The device closest to the grill is black and not as big as the silver
device behind it...which is the radiator and what is the other device?

Thanks.