Re: A Dumb Radiator Question, But I Gotta Ask

From: Jim Miller (jim76712@swbell.net)
Date: Wed Nov 14 2001 - 21:21:14 EST

Cardboard is never a good idea. It can cause overheating of engine or
transmission even in cold weather. If your thermostat is working properly, the
engine will reach the thermostat temp at the same rate regardless of the
thermostat temp setting. If a 180 thermostat requires 5 minutes to reach 180,
a 195 will still take 5 minutes to reach 180 just will go hotter. Magnum heads
are apparently fragile and crack easily and a 195 thermostat does not help that
cause!