Big wheels vs. ball joints.

From: steve preston (steve239dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Nov 14 2001 - 23:52:16 EST

Are the big factory 16" wheels with P265 tires not a
good thing to have? Are they hard on your front end? I
thought I was imagining things at first,but now I know
something is up! The front end on my new 2001 Dak
(with 4200 miles) seems loose,and I suspect the ball
joints. It has the telltale clunk of a bad ball joint
(on both sides),and it is all over the road when I hit
a bump. By all over the road,I mean a lot of lateral
movement,like something is loose under there. Not
good! Anyone else have the big factory wheels on your
Gen III 4x4? How`s your front end doing? I`m going to
have to sneak this truck into the shop sometime real
soon. I`ll have to sneak it in,because my wife will
crap straight up her back if I let her know there`s
something wrong with it. She heard me complain
numerous times about my last Dak,how it never ran
right,and how no one could ever fix it. Yes,this will
be a covert thing. Honesty has it`s place,but I hope
to stay married for some time yet! Steve P.

=====
2001 Dodge Dakota 4X4 Sport RC,Flame Red/4.7L V8/45RFE auto/3.92 limited-slip/16" aluminum wheels/Infinity CD-cassette system.