Re: VORTECH + PCM TOGETHER????

From: Packed318@aol.com
Date: Wed Nov 14 2001 - 23:55:13 EST

In a message dated 11/14/2001 7:49:40 PM Central Standard Time,
oyuri69@hotmail.com writes:

Will I run into any problems if I combine my MOPAR PCM together with a
VORTECH?

Vortech's website does not recommend putting a VORTECH in a car that has had
an upgraded PCM! WHY?

Thanks

1999 CC RT
Yuri A. Osipov
"money does buy happiness"

Yuri, they say this since most PCM upgrades include a more aggressive timing
curve, you could run into detonation and blow head gaskets or worse. That is
a generic disclaimer as most kits do not come with the ignition retard, the
Vortech kit for '97 and up Dakotas do.