RE: R/T Tire Question --Dunlop

From: Sam Parthemer (srp@home.com)
Date: Thu Nov 15 2001 - 00:24:22 EST

Treadwear on RSAs is 280, not 180. The 280 rating vs. the 410 of the
Dunlops shows the RSA a softer, stickier tire than the Dunlop. The
Dunlop should last twice as long as the RSA, but not handle as well
because of the harder tire compound.

Unless you are burning your tires off from every light, or do a lot of
autocrossing, the RSAs should give you 22-30k miles easily. I ran MANY
1/4 mi runs, numerous street burnouts, and a couple times on the
autocross course with my first set of RSAs, and still got 30k out of
them (with tread to spare on the fronts). My second set (RSAs) is now
at 19k miles, and I should be able to squeeze 25k of them (more 60-70
passes down the 1/4 mi, 2 autocross events.)

My 3rd set of tires will be RSAs...

Sam '00 RT