RE: RE: Hemi Dakota Kit Information -2004 Dakota

From: Stlaurent Mr Steven (STLAURENTS@MCTSSA.USMC.MIL)
Date: Thu Nov 15 2001 - 09:57:24 EST

The GEN IV is on schedule for 2004 model year. One or the other - Durango
or Dakota, will appear before the Sept 2003 model begins. To separate the
arrival of a new look distinct look and not shadow the other model.

The outside styling of the Dakota will be an offspring of the Durango Power
Wagon, that was shown in 2000 Auto Show circuit. Just remove the back and
Walla! Instant Dakota truck...however it will grow in size but not in
wheelbase. Even the weight factor will drop a notch with the expansion of
the hydro form frames and changes in some materials for lighter weight
ratio. Those who seek the auto transmission, it will be standard with a
five-auto and an extra overdrive on the R/T model. Thus tranny will appear
in 2003 on the RAM R/T 5.7 and the RAM 2500 plus series. The only tranny
that can handle the torque factor from 1500 to 5000 RPM. Imagine! A 300
lbs of torque at 1500 RPM.

Next year-2003, you are right on with the four-wheel disk and will come with
the Jeep's version of the HO model 4.7. Also, the death of the Dodge 5.9
engine.

Soon, the heads will follow the same design of the 5.7 with a round
combustion chamber a dual plugs per cylinder. No change with the block
material. It will remain an iron cast product not the aluminum that will be
on the 300 series cars in that year.

There is now talk of a 6.1 hemi again, thanks to the other boys - Ford and
Chevy.

Steven St.Laurent
C2 IOW/IOS Engineer
C4i Engineering Branch, PSD, MCTSSA